madeleine, 16, she/her. they said I'd never make it and they were damn right.
fun date idea: listen to me yell about the beautiful transcendent love of steve rogers and bucky barnes and then make out w/ me
Cool date idea: sit and listen to me dissect every scene in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. End the night with me crying in your lap.
(noun) Jan/jaan is one of those specials words which lends itself across cultures and languages as a term of endearment and affection meaning, love, dear, heart, and life in East Asia. Arab/Persian: In Arabic, jan represents beloved one or dear. The Persian origins of this word mean life, equivalent to the Punjabi and Hindi definition. Calling a person your jaan, in comparison to the Arab and Persian culture, in South East Asian countries is an act of true love and intimiacy, and not used as liberally as the Persian connotation. Its true origins stem from Sanskrit. In Urdu you often refer to your lover and those your are close to as “meri jaan [meh-ree jaan],” also meaning my life, and my dear. It has a deeper emotional meaning than merely calling someone your love, or sweetheart; it is used in the essence of true love. (via wordsnquotes)
In Kurdish, *gian*, a variation on the Persian *jaan*, just as in Urdu, means my life and my dear but is used as liberally as it is in Persian. Though it’s not used as intimately as in Urdu, it still connotes deep affection.
me: fuck joss whedon i hate his ugly ass
me: AVeNGERS prOMO next WEEK!!!!!!!! #SQUAD
that is SO FAIR alright here’s some lil fluffy as HELL fics for u buddy:
- the Steven G. Rogers guide to what you missed the last few years [5195 words] (Steve’s got the hang of this 21st century thing.)
- young hearts, out our minds [2144 words] (Bucky posts a selfie of the two of them in bed to his instagram. He hashtags it #goodmorningamerica. Sam Wilson and Pepper Potts retweet it to their twitter accounts.)
- just a lucky so-and-so [1978 words] (The one where Captain America and the Winter Soldier play tag on the Helicarrier, to the horror of respectable SHIELD agents.)
- milkshakes & penguin suits [2901 words] (At the latest Stark party, Steve and Bucky share a milkshake — and spend the evening together.)
- it’s a love story, baby just say yes [1824 words] ("Eyes on the prize, Widow: we’re getting Captain America and Bucky laid, with each other. That’s the op. Got it?")
- have you ever thought just maybe [4472 words] (
“JARVIS,” Tony called thoughtfully.
“Those young people are in love,” he said.)